- Initiatives & Partnerships
- Agriculture & Agro-industries
- Economic & Financial Governance
- Energy & Power
- Human Capital Development
- Information & Communication Technology
- Knowledge Products
- Private Sector
- Water Supply & Sanitation
You are here
The African Development Bank (AfDB) has shown its commitment to help the continent cope with climate change. In 2009, the Bank Group developed its Strategy of Climate Risk Management and Adaptation (CRMA).
This strategy calls for increased support for capacity building of African countries to tackle climate change risks. It also ensures that all investments financed by the Bank are “climate-proof", meaning that they are designed, installed, implemented and managed to reduce to a minimal level the adverse effects of climate change, with the most cost-effective ratio as possible.